General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Two lovely Black Eyes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2019 21:43

Yesterday I needed to use the car so I dropped OH of at her Craft Group in Brunswick, a very pleasant fifteen minute drive from where we live.

Earlier, as our passports are due to expire early next year I suggested the we renew them at the Brunswick Post Office which is a typical small country town one and not very busy as opposed to the main PO in Bunbury where it could take a couple of hours to be served.

So, on picking OH up from her Group it seemed the ideal time to at least have our passport photos taken rather than having to make a separate journey.

OH had hers taken first, after a lot of primping and preening.

Then they were printed!

You'd think that they were glamour photos the way OH was jumping from foot to foot to see the results.

Excitedly, she asked "What do I look like"

I replied "Like someone you would see lying on the slab in the local funeral home"

I didn't see the fight start, and I wont be seeing much at all until the swelling around my eyes goes down a bit :-S

:-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 15 Jul 2019 22:02

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jul 2019 22:47

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jul 2019 23:32

So, I guess that you did not have your passport photos taken, raccoon eyes?

:-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2019 23:49

Yes I did, Sylvia, and they are now pinned to the notice board as a constant reminder for me to keep my thoughts to myself :-(

I'll see them as soon as I get my sight back ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jul 2019 03:33

You really are accident prone, aren't you??? :-D

Or your wife got good training in our mutual home town ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jul 2019 10:19

I'm just a masochist, Sylvia :-0

I once went out with a sadist and said to her, 'Whip me Whip me!'

With a cruel smile she looked at me and said, 'NO!'

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jul 2019 17:22

oh, you poor thing :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Jul 2019 10:32

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Jul 2019 21:01

:-D :-D

Classic Allan...don't leave :-D

Allan

Allan Report 18 Jul 2019 23:02

I have until the 21st to decide whether to renew or not, and with the speed that the threads are moving at, which is slower than a snail on tranquilizers, the decision may not be so difficult :-0

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Jul 2019 03:39

But they'd only move even slower if that were possible without people like you Allan :-)