General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Up My Nose

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Aug 2019 12:14

All my life I have had catarrh(?). Tonsil and adenoid removal when I was six just gave it a slightly easier passage but it was still there.

It makes me cough and I have been woken up by seagulls in the night, cheering crowds beneath my window and that opera singer who lives up my nose somewhere.

Yes, I know it is probably due to house dust but that is too big a job for me so I have lived with it.

Now I have taken delivery of a Himalayan salt pipe and I do believe the opera singer has moved out and taken her bloody seagulls with her!

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Aug 2019 14:12

As a sufferer myself let me know if it carries on working Sharron :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Aug 2019 15:02

I think it probably will,Caroline. It is so very simple. You breathe in salt air through your mouth and ,then, breathe it out through your nose.

After the first day my head was silent at night.

David

David Report 3 Aug 2019 15:17

My late FIL was plagued with tinnitus, is it similar to your nose job ?

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Aug 2019 15:20

No, my sinuses really do wheeze and crackle all night sometimes, oh can hear it.

Tinnitus can only be heard by the sufferer.

David

David Report 3 Aug 2019 18:20

Strannge the way ear, nose and throat are connected. Some have problems

while some do not. Example, why do some snore and others not ?

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 3 Aug 2019 21:28

Hope it carries on working for you Sharron.

Someone bought me a couple of Himalayan Salt lamps a year or so ago. They are attractive tea light holders and supposed to be good for all sorts of things. I put them by the computer and lit them whenever I was going to be there for any length of time. I thought they might help with the headaches I sometimes get when using the computer for long.

I had to stop using them because they were giving me really bad sore throats. It took me a long while to realise why I kept getting sore throats but as soon as I stopped lighting the salt lamps the sore throats stopped. I am really disappointed though as they look great when they are lit. They have a lovely soft orangey glow.

David

David Report 4 Aug 2019 04:19

Individuals can irrigate their sinuses via one nostril at a time, it comes down the opposite side.There are several demonstrations on You Tube. I post an example.

https://youtu.be/UU0Q7gkyXYI

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Aug 2019 11:29

A salt pipe does not irrigate the sinuses. It is a matter of breathing in salt air through the mouth and breathing it out through the mouth.

David

David Report 4 Aug 2019 18:10

Sorry Sharron, Ive been deceived by the advertising.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Aug 2019 18:16

What you are referring to David is a Yoga practice :-)

David

David Report 4 Aug 2019 18:28

I didn't know that LG and when I was much younger I practised Hatha Yoga.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Aug 2019 19:25

I still do and have done for many years now.

David

David Report 4 Aug 2019 20:04

The breathing exercicces are a major part of it,, bodily hygene.