General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Renewing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Aug 2019 15:14

According to my account £1.50 per month for 12months = £18.A year ? Been on the last 12months .surely should be cheaper due to renew 11th August ? Barbara

Kense

Kense Report 3 Aug 2019 15:26

I think that is the standard rate. Some very long-term members who continually renew get a better rate.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Aug 2019 20:58

Barbra ..........you have kept leaving and not renewing your subscription, that breaks the continuity.

Every you do that, and do not renew within 4 weeks after your subscription runs out, you are treated as a new member. The going rate for new members is £18 a year.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 4 Aug 2019 15:33

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has come down.

Members who've been here since the beginning pay, I think, £8.96 a year. Those, like me, who joined a bit later (2008 in my case) pay £8.96 every six months. (I know that's right because mine was renewed today!!). I haven't looked at the rates for a year or two, but I'm sure newer members paid more than that, because I have always been careful to renew on time so that I didn't have to pay a higher rate.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Aug 2019 15:40

It varies and, as Sylvia says, it is only those who have never left and re-joined who have the very low rate. Mine has been less than £8.86 per year but I have been a constant member since march/April 2003. They have had a fair bit of money out of me over those years.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Aug 2019 16:56

My membership was renewed in June. £6.75 for 12 months.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Aug 2019 17:18

Have been a member since 2009 but not continues so maybe will get in touch with GR .ask them my payment amount Thank You Barbara x

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Aug 2019 17:28

If you break you pay £19.95 as a new customer , if you then renew after the year you get a 10% discount, so £17.96 or thereabouts.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Aug 2019 17:51

It's not a lot for 12months = £ 1.50 a month cheap really Barbara . :-D