General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another silly question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Aug 2019 13:51

You know those little bottles with reeds sticking out that smell nice?

What is in them?

I don't mean the commercial Ambi Pur type ones but the ones you do yourself.

Do they just have essential oils or is it diluted with something?

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Aug 2019 14:49

Put in whatever you like concentrate or not Iove lavender so i put lavender zoeflora with water .there are lot of different smells .& it works out cheaper as a small bottle goes along way try essential oils base oil .you can add your own favourite flower or scent Barbara.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Aug 2019 14:53

I have the essential oils but am not sure what to dilute them with or whether I should dilute them at all.

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Aug 2019 15:32

If you have a diffuser you put water into that essential oils separate steam will come off & the smell fills your room or just put your oils in a container with your reeds. into a bowl of warm water this will warm oil up .don't think you should dilute oil with water. Barbara

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Aug 2019 15:38

I didn't mean to dilute the oil with water. I wondered if I should just put neat essential oil in the bottle to seep up the reeds or if I should mix it with a carrier oil like almond oil as you do if you are applying it to your skin.

To use neat oil would, I think, be quite expensive.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Aug 2019 15:45

Sharron my daughter tells me she mixes essential oil with a carrier oil to do hers. Her house always smells delicious I may add :-D :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Aug 2019 15:46

I would say dilute with carrier oil & then add neat oil to how strong or not you need it .