General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Watch this Space

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 Aug 2019 01:52

This is going to be about a daughter who never spoke or knew her Dad until she was 25.. We will forget the beginning when dad was told he had done his bit and time to move on. The twins belonged to her.

25yrs after the birth his daughter contacted.. He was totally thrown and still is. I think they should meet.
So we wait for the outcome will you wait with me

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Aug 2019 08:49

<3 <3Uzzi <3 <3

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Aug 2019 13:44

This is so sad :-(

I have felt first hand the rejection of a younger half brother and sister, who I knew only for the first four months of their life, and an older half sister who I never met.

I cannot comprehend how much harder this must be when it is your father :-(

I will wait alongside you <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Aug 2019 13:45

:-0 Uzzi will do. ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Aug 2019 13:54

Yes Uzzi <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 Aug 2019 16:40

e-mails have been exchanged.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 Aug 2019 16:42

Emma see messages as this is not about me. I knew my Dad and adored him and believe that every daughter also has a right to know her Dad and decide what she thinks of him.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 Aug 2019 17:35

update. a few emails later Dad has actually reached out to daughter offering to meet.

It really is watch this space now

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 Aug 2019 22:36

a few leaps and hiccups. but daughter and Dad are i contact and on the same page.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Aug 2019 23:16

<3 <3 <3

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 9 Aug 2019 00:02

<3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 26 Sep 2019 00:31

I am very happy to announce I am a step Mum to 25yr old twins <3 <3 <3 <3

I have known about them since they were 3 yr old when I met their dad.
In January I get to meet my step twins and hubby gets to meet his daughters

never give up

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Sep 2019 07:48

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Sep 2019 12:26

I had seen some of this on FB Uzzi but so pleased for T and you. Do hope all goes well in January. They look and come over as lovely girls. That will be an emotional time.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Sep 2019 12:39

It all sounds very positive.

What a special time ahead !

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 26 Sep 2019 14:49

I have acknowledge MY twin step daughters on FB.
Yes Ann I think it will be emotional for them all and I am so excited.

T nearly turned their reach out and possibly would have done if I had said how could he be so disrespectful and hurtful to them, they at least deserved to know they had found him. Our house was blue for a couple of days but know he says thank you as he thinks I have given him his daughters back. I didn´t I just explained why he should contact them. For them and him

The reason for this post is never give hope, Mum Dad or child <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 26 Sep 2019 14:56

I hope you all enjoy your meet up.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 love to you all.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Sep 2019 23:55

Wishing you all the very best for January - a new year and new beginnings for special family times <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 29 Sep 2019 14:35

Thank you Sue and Lyndi Yes a new year a new start for them, nobody should give uo hope of parents or children, somehow the children seem to find away back.

To those who have asked how feel about it all, Thank you
I am sooooo happy to have them in my life........You have to remember I am the weird one ! ;-) They haven´t been sprung on me, I have always known about them and when they contacted their Dad I was the one who said " Don´t you dare ignore them, it took a lot to contact you and the least you can do is acknowledge even if you don´t want to know them"
Then I said would it hurt to get to know them and the rest is history <3

How do I feel ...... PROUD

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Sep 2019 09:03

Well done for convincing T. I can imagine he found it hard, he is very self contained I think and maybe didn't feel he needed them. When they meet he will know different. I am sure they will stay close after this. <3