General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What Would You Do?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 8 Aug 2019 13:56

After my accident at work on July 18th I’m still signed off. The staples have now been removed but my leg is still a lovely mess of the original cut and the staple marks. To add to my fun my foot keeps blowing up like a balloon if I do too much so I’m on ordered sofa rest. This has however started another problem in that my back is now sore. I have in the past had two separate spinal disk herniations (previously known as a slipped disk). What would you do when the solution for one triggers the other?

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Aug 2019 14:00

Lie on your bed with pillows under your legs to help with drainage.

Tawny

Tawny Report 8 Aug 2019 14:18

I’ll try that. Thank you Pat.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Aug 2019 15:22

Yes that's a good idea take the weight of your legs .elevate them hope you are soon feeling better :-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Aug 2019 15:44

Don't forget to move every hour even if it's only to the toilet/bathroom or your back will stiffen up

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 Aug 2019 11:24

Does anyone know how Tawny is .

Tawny

Tawny Report 11 Aug 2019 11:27

Hi Sue,

Still here. My back is still sore but is slowly improving. My foot on the other hand still looks like a balloon. It does go down a bit but the minute I get up and start moving it blows up again :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Aug 2019 12:27

Could be fluid retention see a GP if you can as you need to get it sorted it can be a bother .just my opinion Barbara x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 Aug 2019 13:22

Hi Tawny,glad your back is slightly better nothing worse than back(had it since I broke 10 vertebrae in 1984).Swollen foot needs massaging a little to try and get the swelling down .

Hope you get better soon.Massive Hugs as I know what it's like to have both.

Have now got what I call elephant feet cos Doctor wouldn't give me either antibiotics for burst skin or water tablets.