General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

green tomato jam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Iris

Iris Report 12 Aug 2019 19:03

do any of you cooks on here know how to make green tomato jam ,as I have a friend who wants to make some ,with any green tomato's that I have left at the end of the season .
thank you ,iris :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Aug 2019 19:21

I once made green tomato chutney, Iris, from a recipe by Marguerite Patten -a blast from the past there!

It was delicious, by the way. It may be online.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Aug 2019 19:23

I have the recipe on here and I am trying to find it.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Aug 2019 19:47

Can't find it so here goes.

6 lb green tomatoes(thinly sliced)
6lb sugar
3oz crushed whole ginger(1-2 tsp ground ginger0
1 lemon cut into thin slices (I quarter them as well)

Put in a pan and boil for 1hour.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Aug 2019 22:13

Iris, got a recipe for Tomato Jam in my Marguerite Fulton book. It uses red tomatoes though.

If you'd like it, let me know and I'll type it out on here for you - and anyone else of course.

Iris

Iris Report 13 Aug 2019 15:07

ladies,
thank you both very much, JoyLouise I would love to have your recipe for red tomato jam as well , I do make both red and green tomato chutney every year for the family , they love it .