General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Countryfile

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 27 Aug 2019 20:09

Who saw the programme on Sunday. The article about Joseph Arch was filmed outside my local, five minutes walk away. Half a dozen real ales, good pub grub, I can't believe my good fortune.

Island

Island Report 27 Aug 2019 21:21

Cheers Bob :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Aug 2019 21:30

It was interesting, I watch the programme every week.

Lizx

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Aug 2019 07:23

So that's you got it made, Bob, great pub and a riverside house. :-D

Now you only need a boat .....

No, don't tell me ! ;-)

(I hope my memory serves me well and I have the right Bob.) :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Aug 2019 09:13

I've got a coracle here somewhere.............

Countryfile is usually repeated the following Sunday morning on BBC2 if you want to view again.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2019 11:09

Very nice Bob lucky man :-)

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 28 Aug 2019 16:36

JoyLouise, yes, you have the right Bob. The river is not deep enough for a boat, sadly, unless it floods, then we have to fit flood defences on our front door and air bricks.. This hasn't happened since 2007, when after some serious flooding, (that pub was under two feet of water) the Environment Agency got their act together and sorted the defences out.

Island

Island Report 28 Aug 2019 17:10

Just Pooh sticks then Bob :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Aug 2019 16:38

A Countryfile Special programme tomorrow,
Sunday 1st September 7 pm on BBC 1

to mark 80 years since the first wave of evacuees were sent from towns and cities to the countryside.