General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bury Football Club .

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2019 10:15

Bury FC thrown out of football league after 134 years in football league due to debt & disgusting owners tragic the history within the Team .It will have snowball effect on other business through out the Town ***The famous Market*** Corruption rife in football the big clubs can pay millions for players but won't help lower teams. Forever Bury are hoping to get a Team together & start again but their main issue is that the ground isn't sold for housing Eastate . :-( :-( Barbara

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Aug 2019 10:27

Beyond belief. A sad situation. :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2019 10:44

My Great Uncle George Ross played for Bury 1900 _1903 n the FA cup he scored a winning goal .. I have supported them since being 11years old use to go with my late Mum & Dad. So many good memories x

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Aug 2019 12:06

Other well known clubs have faced and overcome similar problems and survived in the last few years - Portsmouth. Bournemouth, Southampton, Notts County, MK Dons, Leeds, Rangers. In the case of Bournemouth and Portsmouth the supporters put their hands deep into their pockets. That was half the reason for the clubs' survival. How deep are Lancashire pockets?

I cannot see any reason why the PL should underwrite the finances of badly managed clubs in the lower divisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Dh-I0_m5Y

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2019 13:01

Thank You I moved to Dumfries & Galloway 12years ago but I am still a proud Lancashire Lass it is so sad lets hope it can be sorted There are business people as well as general public .just need to keep the ground safe for the future .Barbara

Tawny

Tawny Report 28 Aug 2019 13:30

The people who stepped in to try and help financially including Steve Dale have pulled out 30 minutes before the deadline. They claim Bury’s financial problems are insurmountable.

Bury F.C. players have now been told they are free agents.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Aug 2019 14:13

Steve Dale did not help far from it.
The ground is mortgaged to US shark funds.
Unless some white knight suddenly appears they will sell off the ground to cover the mortgage. If that happens then any more football at the ground will be unlikely though there is a slight chance that Bury DC may buy the ground with a view to selling it on to a reborn club. Whether a club no longer in the EFL could support such a ground is a moot point.
The players themselves are v good hence the promotion. They will be quickly snapped up esp the English ones + a useful sign on fee as free agents. Don't worry about them.

I lived in Middleton at one time and went to a few games. V friendly ground, good pies, soccer not so much.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2019 14:13

Very true the money involved people can't comprehend the dealings were on earth are the people at the top supposedly to find out about debts before selling to Rogues owners Stuart Day .& then Steven Dale .it's just unbelievable & very cruel for fans supporters & the Town Rollo glad you liked the pies :-)