General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcia

Marcia Report 28 Aug 2019 19:14

Why do I have starred notifications on my tree to say I have tree matches but when I click on it there are 0 matches? Any help is much appreciated

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Aug 2019 20:22

No idea - contact Support who may be able to give you a definite answer.

[email protected]

Kense

Kense Report 28 Aug 2019 22:02

For some strange reason the tolerance on birth year when you look at matches is zero. So if the birth year does not match exactly there is no match. However the tolerance used for the starred matches is greater

If you change the tolerance on the tree matches to plus or minus 1 or 2, you should find some matches.

Birth places are not matched so you may get a lot of false matches.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Aug 2019 22:06

It may be the same thing that has caught many of us out!!

The tree matches come up on a separate screen underneath the one with your tree on. :-)

Marcia

Marcia Report 1 Sep 2019 15:38

Many thanks for your replies :-)