General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting Ancestry UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 31 Aug 2019 12:52

Please, how do I get through to Ancestry. I am fed up with all the errors they keep putting on the Life Story section. Does anyone have this problem whereby someone dies in Brighton, Sussex, England but whoever does the Life Story insists it's Brighton, New Jersey, US.
,I am having to go through loads of family members to change things and with the amount they charge, I shouldn't have to be doing this.

Sorry for rant.
Phyll

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Aug 2019 13:02

Their Facebook page is full of complaints about the Life Story problems

here's a phone number 0800 783 1340

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Aug 2019 13:07

From reading their Facebook page, it seems to be a common problem. Have you made sure that place of death etc says Brighton, Sussex, England on the profile page? If it is, it’s probably something to do with their American focussed programming.

To be honest, as I’ve never used the ‘life story’ function, it doesn’t bother me.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 31 Aug 2019 15:15

I also ignore the "Life Story" bit too :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Aug 2019 17:12

I also never look at the Life story.

In the same way, I take information on Ancestry trees with a very large pinch of salt unless the tree owner provides documented information for what is posted.

Phyll

Phyll Report 1 Sep 2019 14:35

Thank you all for your comments. I am going to ignore the Life Story section from now on.
Phyll