General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

british gas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 31 Aug 2019 12:53

i have boiler cover but do not have gas and electricity. Two payments were taken from my bank accouunt on the same day and i do not know what for. I ave tried ringing various PREMIUM COST phone nos but cannot reach an operative.

Any ideas how i can contact them, im about to blow a gasket
thank you

maddie

greyghost

greyghost Report 31 Aug 2019 13:09

Any good -
British Gas - Contact us - 0333 202 9821

Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
Sat 8am - 6pm

Is your bank contactable on a Saturday so you can ask if they have any info on where the payment request originated from - may be different so offer a clue?

If you get the run around trying to get to actually speak to a person, I sometimes ignore all the push x numbers and get through to someone.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Aug 2019 13:13

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-and-support/my-account/gas-and-electricity/faq/call-us
‘ Live chat’ facility, but not today.

Maddie

Maddie Report 31 Aug 2019 13:39

thank you tried that number
wish there were push x it asks a question and if your answer is not on their list you are stuck

will have to try the bank butdont hold out much hope

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 31 Aug 2019 14:39

Have you tried 0333 202 9532? British Gas reckon this is a quick way to speak to a customer services rep.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Aug 2019 15:04

Found this on another site?At least its a free-phone number

British Gas complaints email & Phone number

How to make a Complaint to British Gas
British Gas provide a range of complaint handling options on their website. The first step is to phone the complaints line on 0800 107 0184 or 0800 072 8632.

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 Aug 2019 15:08

Have you got on line account for British gas contact through that .your Bank also I have both easier than trying to phone they take a long time to Answer phone BRITISH GAS .Barbara

Maddie

Maddie Report 31 Aug 2019 16:08

thank you
will try 0880 no and the bank

maddie

Maureen

Maureen Report 31 Aug 2019 23:05

Maddie

You say you have a boiler cover with British Gas but not Gas or Electric supplied by them, the 2 payments from your bank account taken, are these the first payments taken for your cover. i have Boiler cover with them you should have a letter stating when you have signed up and how much and when they start. Check your bank statements or account online to see if perhaps last months payment was returned for some reason and two have been debited now, the bank will be able to tell you the start date of the Direct Debit and payments made to date.

Looking at my agreement contact number for Home Cover 0333 200 8899 says 24/7

Maddie

Maddie Report 1 Sep 2019 17:07

thank you
good news a friend found an e-mail adrress and i contacted them yesterday, they said they have no record of transaction. Had to copy and paste from my acc but noticed the transactions have vis whereas my monthly payment says dd
have to see what they say and contact bank tomorrow

more aggro :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Sep 2019 19:23

Vis on a bank statement usually means visa debit card

Have you tried contacting the bank

They usually do 24 hour banking

Inky1

Inky1 Report 3 Sep 2019 07:02

My recent renewal notice has the same number as stated by Maureen:

We'll automatically renew your HomeCare, unless you tell us not to

To change your agreement you can access your online account, where you can take a look at the range of products we offer
To cancel please give us a call on 0333 200 8899* before your agreement ends

If you choose to renew, but then change your mind, you’ll have 14 days after the date you renew** to cancel your agreement.

*We may record calls to help improve our service to you. Calls to 0800 numbers are free. Call charges to 03 numbers will cost no more than 01 or 02 numbers, please check with your phone provider.