General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prescription delivery charges

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 9 Sep 2019 16:59

rang boots today to see if they had received my repeat pescription to be informed they will be charging £5 a delivery or £55 annual charge.
I am housebound and in a wheelchair and boots is not even a two minute walk away. Guess i will have to time it so that a friend who does my shopping can pick it up but i really hate to ask as they do enough for me as it is.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Sep 2019 17:05

There’s an online repeat prescription service that delivers to your home

Orrr May have seen an advert on tv

May be worth looking at

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Sep 2019 17:08

This may be worth looking at

https://www.well.co.uk/landing?gclid=CjwKCAjw8NfrBRA7EiwAfiVJpZsC6t4Wjul2TYuzwetIIvrTUfzGT_3Vd4PSfkf57RA62JTU5XVVBBoChrcQAvD_BwE

Maddie

Maddie Report 9 Sep 2019 17:18

thank you for, but i have to upload a photo, don't have any recent ones and being a nerd i have no idea how to do it. Perhaps i will have to try and take a selfie, do you think they will accept a a fuzzy photo :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Sep 2019 21:55

Do you have a mobile you can take a picture on that and upland it

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Sep 2019 09:50

Lloyds Pharmacy do a prescription service no charge for delivery they are on line Barbara .

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Sep 2019 11:25

thanks barabara, will be looking into lloyds

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Sep 2019 13:02

I haven’t used their delivery service but I have found our local Lloyd’s very good. I started with Boots but found them so inefficient. I never got the right medication at the right time though according to them it was always my fault. On one occasion they insisted I had ordered something when I wasn’t even in the country.

I changed to Lloyd’s for my repeat prescription and have not had a single problem with them. I collect mine but they have said they will deliver if I would like them to.

I hope you can get it sorted.

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Sep 2019 15:16

thank you

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 10 Sep 2019 15:22

Just been into our local Boots and a "Customer Notice" at the till says they will be closing for 1 hour each day at lunch time!! :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Sep 2019 18:29

That's because they can't hand over medication unless a Pharmacist is present & checks it off. That also applies to some 'over the counter' drugs. If only one is normally present, that hour is when they have their lunch!

We have a Lloyds & an Independent in our village. They've come to an agreement over Lunch-times. The Independent's pharmacist has a break 1-2 & Lloyds 1.30-2.30.
Customers can still buy other things, just not collect prescriptions or medication locked away/kept behind the counter.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Sep 2019 03:42

OH picked up 3 prescriptions for me last Saturday, something he has done frequently over the last year or so ................ this time it was a young-ish pharmacist who asked to see his ID.

We've had to sign for prescriptions when we pick-up for the last year to show it had been picked up and hopefully the signature could be read, but the ID request was new to him.

I think it was because one of the prescriptions was Tylenol 3 (= your paracetamol with codeine) and therefore is counted as an opiate. Doctors and pharmacists are taking extreme care with all opiates as we've had such a horrendous drug overdose problem here.