General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cash by computer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Oct 2019 18:28

Money can be sent and received using QR Codes. The QR code could be generated, printed out and sent to the recipient by post or online. Such systems do exist but have never caught on. However the latest Apple iPhone puts QR top bottom and centre so maybe things will change.

https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/p/1/2188/how-to-transfer-via-qr-code

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Oct 2019 18:56

I'm guessing you are referring to the comment on another thread, Rollo.

If so, my comment, in response to another, referred (rather jokingly) to actual cash in your hand and not transfers which can be sent immediately or on a date of your choosing when you use phone banking which I prefer.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Oct 2019 19:58

Nice one, Rollo

I guess that is referring to my joking comment on another thread, that wasthen commented on by Joy

I do know about sending cash by computer or by phone, and even do that regularly .............. I'm not totally incompetent, unaware or a dimwit, though you seem to think it.

FYI .............. we actually USE cash. Yes, real coins and bank notes A lot in our daily life, and especially when we are travelling.

I like to tip people who give me service ................ the maid in the hotel, the person who takes me in a wheelchair from check-in to boarding a train or plane, etc etc.

There are lots of occasions when people give service and cash is the only option, as against adding 10%/15%/20% to your debit or credit card.

I guess you don't tip unless you can use a debit or credit card, or send money by phone or from computer to computer.