General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Share Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 26 Jan 2020 18:18

Evening all I have been a member for many years but have not done any research for some time. I have just discovered someone I would like to contact but can't remember whether you tick the box if you want to share your tree or not. Can someone remind me please. :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Jan 2020 18:30

You are able to write in the big box which is preferable ,good manners and more personal and say where you belive the connection may be,,,,,,,

--I have shared my tree,,,,often gets no response and ignored,,

Island

Island Report 26 Jan 2020 18:32

Hi Diane. click on the name of the person you want to contact and send them a friendly message regarding you interest. It's regarded as bad form to just select 'can I see you tree' or whatever the wording is. Personally, I'd wait for a response confirming mutual rellies before I opened my tree to anyone (not that it's on here lol)

Island

Island Report 26 Jan 2020 18:33

slow typist syndrome :-D

Diane

Diane Report 26 Jan 2020 18:35

Quite agree, I will write a message with all details of possible connection, but the little box underneath, if you don't wish to share your tree until you know for sure there is a connection, do you tick or leave blank? Thanks. :-)

Island

Island Report 26 Jan 2020 18:39

leave blank

Diane

Diane Report 26 Jan 2020 18:41

Thank you.