General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I just say.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Feb 2020 22:21

Cats and decluttering don't go together! :-|

I've spent a week trying to sort though 'stuff' in my smallest bedroom - 'home' to 5 dolls houses in various stages of building, renovation and falling apart, including one I call the 'squat' (played with by the grandchildren).
It also has boxes of Sindy stuff, a box of my youngest's Uni papers, My Little pony stuff, CD's, genealogy magazines and various other things 'inherited' from my mum, a box of papers (bank statements, birthday cards, my Uni stuff, etc) going back to 1998, and a box or two of genealogy stuff.
Stacks of 'National Geographics' - about 10 years worth :-S, etc etc.

Anyway, I want to rediscover my dolls houses.
First thing that happened - George (cat) came in and tried to get on one of the dolls houses - my newest one - an unfinished shop, with small paned bow windows, and individual small wooden tiles on the top of the bow. George missed - and pulled off (and broke) the bow windows, pulling tiles off in the process. :-\

I've done quite a bit though, and tonight, I bought the box of old bank statements, student loan stuff etc down, and started going through them, ripping my name and address off, to burn, and putting the rest of the document in a black bag.

George (cat) is in the box. Betty (cat) is in the black bag :-S :-| :-\

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2020 11:34

At least they're not on the fire!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Feb 2020 11:45

There's a guard in front of the fire, even when it's out, as, once, years ago, when the fire was out, their (now deceased) brother decided to go up the chimney :-S

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Feb 2020 12:18

My cats do the same Maggie, if like last week I make one of them them a nice spot with a blanket they choose instead the top of a box which has coat hangers and a hairdryer sticking up out of it. Spike in particular likes bags and boxes.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Feb 2020 16:20

Rose, Spike is that a new cat or is it 'not my cat' re-named and I have missed it?

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Feb 2020 16:48

Ann, Spike is Dan's cat and has been with us 6 years, but 'Not my cat' ( aka bagpuss) is still with us all the time , and 'Really not my cat' (Shorty as he has short legs) is with us just most of the time :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2020 18:09

It's not a cat thing, my dog does the same thing the whole house to sit in and she always sits right where I'm doing something.