General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well that’s it now.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Feb 2020 14:10

Our son and my sisters have disowned us good and proper, finally he has got his stuff back, it’s all double standards because they have all disowned us for the same reason and that is totally wrong because they have done the same things more than once and guess who came to their rescue every time except this one.

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Feb 2020 15:03

You are not related to me are you?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Feb 2020 15:11

I don’t think so but you never know. ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Feb 2020 15:23

always intriguing when you "come in" halfway through a conversation.....

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Feb 2020 17:03

Son doesn’t approve of how we live our life but we are happy he isn’t because he can’t manipulate us to his advantage, same with my sisters. A lot more to it than that but that just about sums it up.

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2020 18:08

Assuming you're not having a negative impact on anyone then it's none of their business.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Feb 2020 19:56

Exactly Caroline, we aren’t

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Feb 2020 20:27

The mind boggles ;-) .........

but as Caroline said, as long as you are not bothering them or anyone else and you are happy and content, then it's no-one else's business

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Feb 2020 23:38

Sounds like you're best rid of them!
My mind boggles (like Sylvia's), but possibly not for the same reason, at how your lifestyle, with (I presume) an adult child who no longer lives at home, and siblings who (I hope) live in their own homes (with their own lives) affects anyone else! :-S

Unless, of course you've 'blown' the fortune they hoped to inherit/manipulate on enjoying yourselves, in which case s*d them :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 3 Feb 2020 18:22

I gave up trying to please other people decades ago lol

I live with my decisions, good or bad, they were mine to make and I cannot blame anyone else, nor for that matter, thank them :-D