General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good Omens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Feb 2020 21:01

Now available on BBC iPlayer (free).
Dermot might enjoy a group showing at the local hq of god.

'This fantasy series sees fussy angel Aziraphale and loose-living demon Crowley team up to form an unlikely duo. The two have become overly fond of life on Earth, and they are forced into forming an alliance in an attempt to stop the approaching Armageddon. To do that, they have to find the missing Antichrist, an 11-year-old boy who is unaware that he is meant to bring the end of days upon humanity. Michael Sheen, David Tennant and Jon Hamm star in the series, which is based on the book of the same name by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.'

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Feb 2020 21:24

I stumbled upon episode 3 by chance the other night, and carried on watching to see if I could make head or tail of it, and will now have to go back to the beginning and watch it all...I may even get the book :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Feb 2020 22:14

Crowley refers to Alistair Crowley.
;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Feb 2020 22:49

I did think it might be Rollo. :-)

Allan

Allan Report 3 Feb 2020 00:16

The book, as with all Terry Pratchett's books, initially starts off a little seriously before descending into hilarious mayhem.

I have all his books, with the exception of Nanny Ogg's Cookbook.

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Feb 2020 07:15

Thanks Rollo.

If I wasn't so busy down at the local street market situated outside the high-walled prison trying to sell blunt paper-knives to aggressive early released prisoners in my attempt to quell murdering stabbings hereabouts, I'd take some quality time to cogitate on the delicate conundrum.