General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why why why.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Feb 2020 18:14

When you buy something, use a service or whatever do they want feedback?
For me if I like something will tell them but not through feedback. :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Feb 2020 18:36

I've even had phone calls after hospital out-patient appointments, which asked how likely it would be that I recommend the hospital to other people.
I'm not sure if they still do that.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Feb 2020 18:40

That is very odd.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 16 Feb 2020 18:48

Long story short, my hubby cancer removed I was there with him but alone during the op which was a long time however the staff kept me informed got me lunch and cups of tea. When we got home I sent an email telling them how impressed I was and named the staff involved.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Feb 2020 19:10

We had a big problem with one of the wheelchair engineers who accused Fred, at nearly ninety, of misusing his wheelchair and was very unpleasant which upset Fred and made me very, very angry.

Because I always made Fred sign for his own services (I had to have some pleasure in life!) this man thought I couldn't write. Well, he was wrong and I sent of a very strongly worded letter to the service company who had no idea about his bullying behavior but pretty soon made a few changes. I copied the letter to the wheelchair service and my doctors surgery.

After the next service, the wheelchair service back checked upon us, not knowing that I had written the original letter Had they back checked earlier, they would have discovered this bullying engineer but had just never thought it necessary before.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Feb 2020 19:25

When I've been to the doctor, I get a text asking if I would 'recommend' the service to others! :-S

I never respond, I mean, what can you say?

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 16 Feb 2020 19:29

Never answer them myself, if I wasn't happy
with the service they would know from me in person.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Feb 2020 19:37

Only if they get ill...after all why else would you need a doctor?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Feb 2020 06:56

Our hospital does this and tbh I find it annoying

Had my pre op assessment a couple of weeks ago and got THE phone call a few days later

Was a recorded voice saying it’s for Shirley T and asking to spend a few minutes on a survey for my recent appointment ,if that’s me press 1 etc if it’s not press 2 of can ring back press 3

I just put the phone down .

I know they have a could do better assessment in their ratings so maybe that’s why they want the feedback but after all the fiasco of my cancelled operations I really couldn’t say they were ok just from one visit to a completely different department

It’s not the first time too that I have had this type of pre recorded call from them
:-( :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Feb 2020 08:33

Maybe this feedback idea is the general policy then in Kent.

Hate to think of their ratings in light of recent revelations on the news.

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 Feb 2020 12:13

Perhaps someone with the appropriate verbal ability could create a simple survey for the contributors to this thread! ;-) ;-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Feb 2020 15:20

A year or so back I had treatment at just about every hospital within reach! My doctor's efforts to get me the treatment I needed as quickly as possible, but not once was I asked for feedback.

There would be no point in asking whether I would recommend a particular GP, as there is no choice! :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Feb 2020 16:21

Well that’s true andysmum cos we have no choice in hospitals we are referred too in the area

It goes to show how well they are thought of when our gp visited hubby at home and he said he needed more help than the district nurse could do and doctor said he needs hospital care but I wouldn’t refer him to Medway hospital as that would be detrimental to him!

He recommended thinking about a hospice which is where we were able to get him into two days later and where he passed the day after

If I could go elsewhere for my knee op I would run there ,!!