General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where's Wally?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 31 May 2020 11:54

Boris has allegedly announced that Cummings is on his 'last chance'. Excuse me Boris? you were telling us he'd behaved with 'integrity' and hadn't broken any rules. 'Last chance' implies he's broken other rules!!! Such as?

Ok this is the Daily Wail via MSN aka More Silly Nonsense but has anyone seen this elsewhere?

I must admit that Cummings looks more like Wally with every new photo - but even shiftier. :-0

Fly

Fly Report 31 May 2020 12:02

Think it was on the news this morning

Island

Island Report 31 May 2020 12:03

Beggars belief.

Kense

Kense Report 31 May 2020 12:08

It's in The Mail on Sunday so don't put too much faith in it.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 May 2020 12:26

It's in the Mirror too.

Island

Island Report 31 May 2020 12:28

That's why I asked Kense but Fly saw it on the news :-S

I do find it hard to believe that Boris would be that thick skinned though.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 May 2020 12:33

I'm not sure that Cummings' alteration of his blog that made him look like Nostradamus (altering it so it looked like he predicted covid last year) has done him any favours.

I expect he thought it made him look 'smart', but in reality, if he predicted covid last year, why didn't he arrange PPE that wasn't out of date, insist on an earlier lockdown, have labs ready to test etc etc.

Island

Island Report 31 May 2020 12:53

Exactly Maggie. He must think the public are as stupid as he is sneaky.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 May 2020 13:02

Exactly Maggie. Anyone else would be called a prat for the errors they'd made.

It was a March post that he retrospectively altered (in Aoril this year) so he certainly likes to 'big himself up' as they say.

Last chance to me would mean that BJ is aware that (to my knowledge) three rules have been broken: initial London to Durham trip; Durham to Barnard Castle trip; and the breaking-lockdown-again return trip from Durham to London.

Van-Tam made no bones about what he thought of it all when he appeared yesterday tea-time. Brill!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 May 2020 15:36

Interesting that 2 days after Cummings' visit to Barnard Castle - where GlaxoSmithKline is situated, an agreement was announced between GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi to develop an experimental vaccine for Covid.

From Linkedin:

Candice Cummings
HR Business Partner at Sanofi
Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Jun 2020 13:44

Has he left his father in the mire? Durham County Council is now looking into the cottage that Dom Cummings allegedly stayed in on his father's farm.

Apparently it was a pool with permission granted later to build a roof, accoring to a couple of newspapers. Permission to convert it to a residence has nether been sought nor granted, it is written.

Another fine mess he's got someone in!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jun 2020 14:44

Extensions to the farmhouse weren't given permission either, nor has the Council Tax gone up in line with the new value of the property.
Where does Cummings' sister live? He said next door, but there isn't another house - apart from the vast extensions to the farmhouse - which would mean Council tax for another 'residence' within the farmhouse.

My sister sent me this - it's a long read, but no-one can say the reporter didn't do his research thoroughly!

https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/31/cummings-spare-cottage-without-planning-permission-and-pays-no-council-tax/

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Jun 2020 18:07

Maggie, I have taken a particular interest in this story because I know the area very well and I travel on that road shown in the photo regularly.

I see the swimming pool and roof are mentioned in the document you directed us to.

Now they have to face the music and all I can say is that I am pleased he is not one of mine. Not as quick as he thinks he is eh? I would have kept schtum.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jun 2020 18:33

But will they face the music, JoyLouise?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Jun 2020 19:03

What do you think Maggie? ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jun 2020 19:14

I think you may have an idea, JoyLouise!
:-| :-| :-|

We haven't had the Russian Report yet.
The Bozo got away with the Arcuri 'donations'
Jenrick is still telling us what to do.
John Penrose,Tory MP husband of Test and Trace chief Dido Hardingy joined an advisory board which calls for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance system.

etc etc