General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hmmm!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 8 Aug 2020 22:45

Yesterday was our daughter's birthday so we all went to a local steakhouse for a meal.

OH had chosen a red theme for her ensemble, which included a red handbag and red ankle boots in a suede type material.

On entering the premises the reception girl noticed OH's boots and remarked on how nice they were.

Then matters got a bit weird; our daughter and her partner had also arrived at the same time so were witnesses to what happened next.

An elderly male employee came up to show us to our table and his attention was drawn to my wife's boots by the girl.

He immediately dropped to his knees and started to bow his head, while all the time blessing the boots :-S

He then told my wife not to worry about his actions, as he was a raging queen (his words) and posed no threat, but that we males had better watch out :-D

He really was out there, and it was extremely hard to be offended.

I immediately thought of the film 'Kinky Boots' and also to some of the drag shows that OH and I used to watch at a local pub in the UK.

We weren't the only ones to 'suffer'. He was very theatrical and was almost acting as master of ceremonies for the whole Steakhouse.

It was pure Theatre :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Aug 2020 23:08

Loved the film Kinki boots really good & funny .Enjoyable time had by all then :-D

Allan

Allan Report 8 Aug 2020 23:24

Yes, Barbra, we did. There were fourteen of us.

It was the first time that we had been out at night in ages.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Aug 2020 23:37

Oooh slightly creepy, Allan - but you can't complain about being ignored!

I love boots, I either wear sandals or boots, never shoes.
When my sister married, (which, like my wedding, was a casual affair) friends of her husband's parents attended, with their 6 year old daughter.
I was wearing an interesting pair of boots that laced up, then had a wide band above ankle level that had 2 buckles on it. The 6 year old was fascinated by them.

Twenty years later, I was around my sisters, when the friends of her OH's parent's visited, with their daughter.
The daughter recognised me - I didn't recognise her - for obvious reasons.
She described my boots of 20 years before, and apparently knew it was 'me' as I was (apparently, yet again) wearing unusual boots.
She informed me she was now a successful shoe designer, due to my boots!

I then had to inform her, most of my footwear is bought in sales, and they're 'unusual' because no-one else liked them! :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 8 Aug 2020 23:43

:-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Aug 2020 00:45

Well that made the evening even more memorable Allan. Belated birthday greetings to your daughter.

Maggie, I am like you, boots in winter and sandals, mainly flip flops, in summer!

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Aug 2020 00:51

Liz, I'm 'crocs' at home, really comfy (usually woven - be it leather or fabric) sandals when I venture further than the garden gate, at the moment! I like my toes covered.:-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Aug 2020 01:52

Nice, I like comfort, Maggie!

Take care

Lizxx

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Aug 2020 02:30

Allan sounds like a crazy time at the meal, and Maggie I have to have comfortable feet so good on you if you can get away with the boots :-)