General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Grand Day Out.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Aug 2020 17:41

(With apologies to Wallace and Grommit)

Yesterday the weather was beautiful, for a change. I had to drive OH and his crew to join a yacht at Largs and all the world and his wife were out for the day!

We were late starting and by the time I left for home it was early evening. I had little trouble with traffic, as most of it was going the other way. By the time I left the motorway and was driving along Loch Lomondside I had my back to Glasgow, which was where most of the homegoers were from.

I passed one roundabout, where as far as I could see I was the only car in sight going my way, but the joining traffic the other way was crawling!! After that it was solid, past the next roundabout and all the way to my turnoff.

This, plus as far as I could see on along the road, is about 6 miles.

They probably had as much trouble getting there in the first place - and they think it's worth it. Personally I would rather stay at home!! :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Aug 2020 17:44

You do wonder why? don't you? what pleasure do they get from sitting in traffic jams, fighting for a parking space and sitting with thousands of others on crowded beaches. Or wherever.