General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Proof of Vaccination

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Jan 2021 14:21

Most of the countries in Europe (and probably elsewhere) are considering making it compulsory to have vaccination certificates before being allowed entry.

The "infringement of Human Rights" people are now making a great fuss about it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember when it was compulsory to have certificates of inoculation against smallpox, cholera, typhoid and various other things if you travelled to almost anywhere in Asia or Africa. As a Service Family my two young children were known as pincushion babies, because of all the jabs they had.

If there was any reason why you couldn't have them you had to have a letter from the Dr. explaining why. When we came home from Ghana younger son was only 9 weeks old and too young for anything other than smallpox, which was done at 3 weeks to give it time to "take". The same rule could apply now for people like Florence, with a genuine medical reason for not being vaccinated, otherwise - no jab, no go!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2021 14:40

Wouldn’t bother me tbh

When we were going to Egypt in 2016 I checked what jabs would be prudent to have and got them done at the docs
Even had a polio booster as it had been many years since it was done

Also boosters for the one we had as babies

I took the record card with me too so in case of need a doctor or hospital would know what I vaccinations I had done

Von

Von Report 21 Jan 2021 14:57

At present time I don’t think there is enough information available for such decisions to

be made. As it stands at present, if I understand correctly, the vaccination does not

prevent you getting covid or passing it on.

We need to know a lot more and this information will only be available in the fullness of

time when more people have been vaccinated and exposed to covid.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 Jan 2021 15:14

Infringements of human rights??? In my opinion it should be on your passport electronically that you have had the jabs and if you cannot then that should be on there too. This would show up at passport control and you shouldn't be allowed to leave the country if you just plain haven't.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Jan 2021 16:34

My understanding is the same as yours, Von. The vaccination does not prevent you catching it and passing it on. If you have had the vaccination, if you catch it you will be unlikely to have severe symptoms, is what I heard.

Von

Von Report 21 Jan 2021 16:54

Joy that’s what I heard too. I’m worried that the vaccine will be considered to be the

answer to getting back to some sort of normality whereas in fact we have a long way

to go yet before that can happen.

Interesting statistics coming from Israel who are much further ahead of us with their

vaccine programme. Of course all of the info needs further investigation.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Jan 2021 19:12

Blimey....shouldn’t be allowed to leave the country, why ever not. My understanding is that the vaccine protects yourself from getting a more aggressive form of the virus, if of course that proves to be true.