General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poor old lady.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Apr 2021 17:26

Did anybody else think that?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 17 Apr 2021 17:43

In one way I did, Sharron. I would not have liked to see my Mum sat alone in the quire and I thought it would have been easy for someone else to be there with at least a two-metre safe distance. Perhaps it was her choice?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 17 Apr 2021 17:59

Yes, I did Sharron....I know she will be 95 in 4 days time but she did seemed to have aged since I last saw her <3

I think once those walking in the funeral procession had sat down Andrew was sat 2 metres away from The Queen. Sadly, that is what it is like at a funeral of your spouse during a pandemic, if nobody lives with you you sit alone :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 17 Apr 2021 18:06

I think I missed that, Belle, as I didn't spot Andrew near her.

So sad for her ..... but I thought of what my Mum said when Dad died before her. She said it was right because he would never have coped on his own.

Belle <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Apr 2021 18:35

I can't even imagine seventy-three years, never mind a marriage of that length.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2021 18:40

Yes, I thought the same. She looked so vulnerable and frail. I don't ever remember her looking this way <3

Belle <3

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Apr 2021 18:48

So very sad .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Apr 2021 22:42

We thought they should have been able to form a bubble. But I wonder if it was her choice to set an example maybe. Having recently gone through a funeral of my beloved husband of 60 years I was so grateful that I have been/am in a bubble with daughter and her other half so did not have to sit alone. But she looked so sad that it was heart breaking to see.

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Apr 2021 16:01

There was only one person she wanted beside her.

Linda

Linda Report 18 Apr 2021 18:46

It was really upsetting to see her sitting on her own but I think she just wanted to do what was right but I found it really strange that Philip was not beside her as he always was did anyone else feel that or is it just me

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Apr 2021 18:58

He was there.