General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keto Diet.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 24 Jan 2022 15:44

Hello

Has anyone had any experience of the Keto Diet,im considering doing this after gaining weight due to HRT, Nothing im doing to lose weight is working including Slimming World, HITT And walking miles every evening, i have spoken to my GP who agrees with me that this weight gain is due to the HRT that im taking.

Thanks

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Jan 2022 17:03

I have a low carb diet due to being intolerant of carbs, my body doesn't break them down very well. It does make it easy to lose weight.

I make sure I don't eat anything over 10% carbs unless I know about it, an example of that is porridge oats, a slow release carb, that stops you from being hungry. I had porridge and raspberries this morning
(thawed, frozen raspberries not tin) .

Avoid bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.

If you want a rice dish then grate cauliflower. Lots about the diet online.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 24 Jan 2022 17:17

I think the best thing would be to ask your GP about Keto diets. I know that you lose weight on it by cutting out carbs such as potatoes, pasta, bread, and rice . You eat more protein and veg and are also able to have full fats such as butter and milk. (which are not usual when on a diet). My OH had to go on a low carb diet for medical reasons and lost a fair bit of weight which he didn't need to so Dr had to up his carbs.
If on meds the Keto doesn't suit everyone but if ok it is a diet that reduces weight.
If you are on FB there are Keto pages which show recipes.
Also you can buy low carb bread but it is more expensive at about £3 for a small loaf and not as nice imo.
Hope this helps a little.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 24 Jan 2022 20:03

thank you both for your reply.will have a look at the FB page and try and get a few ideas .

Sue