General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New clothes.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 Dec 2023 15:14

Does anyone else wash new clothes before wearing them, I always have as did my Mum. :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 12 Dec 2023 15:33

I used to in the olden days as they seemed very starchy, but I never do now

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 12 Dec 2023 15:49

Sometimes.
The idea is that you wash clothes to remove any surplus chemicals in the fabrics, also any bugs hiding particularly in natural fibres........

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 Dec 2023 16:04

I dread daughter buying packs of new underwear as she insists on washing all 12 pairs of undies plus everything else!

I only wash new clothes if they have come through the post and have lots of creases in them like bedding or tops.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Dec 2023 22:08

I wash some things, especially those that are right next to your skin, like pyjamas.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Dec 2023 09:16

Aren’t we all weird ;-)

I only wash new sheets and charity shop clothes before use. Even when the charity shop purchase reeks of laundry soap.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Dec 2023 11:34

Nameslessone, yes hubby says I'm weird :-D

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 13 Dec 2023 20:13

I always wash everyhing that i buy, before wearing