General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whattsapp Call

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Dec 2023 13:10

I have received 4 calls this morning through my Whatsapp. The 1st call I missed as was in the bathroom. When I looked and saw a missed Whatsapp call, I thought it must be a friend as I don't have any "strangers" in my list of contacts.

So I googled the number and realised it had a code for India??

They rang another 3 times but I ignored the call. So how is possible for them to call me on Whatsapp when I don't have them in my Whatsapp group/number?

Anyone else had calls like this before?

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2023 14:35

Sounds like random calls hoping someone will answer

Just be careful of scammers

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Dec 2023 14:57

Yes maybe they were random. But it had a picture of a young woman on her profile!! At first I thought she looked like one of my friends daughters I had spoken to when it was her mums 50th but noooo it def wasn't.

Actually, thinking back, i did have one of these calls some time back and it had a photo of a guy and Im sure someone else on here had the same.

Yes we do have to be careful of scammers more so now than any other time of year.

Mind you after all the xmas expense, there's not much left to have lol

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2023 15:06

My daughter had a text message supposedly from her daughter

The conversation was so real she thought it was her . Was phone had been lost or something

Daughter is savvy but went along with it cos it was convincing until send me money cos I haven’t access to my bank account and was yeh right !

She was convinced right up to the last conversation

She rang daughter several times but no answer cos the phone was on silent as grandaughter was working

Very easy to get scammed even if you think you wouldn’t fall for it

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 21 Dec 2023 02:32

Florence I also had a Whatsapp call on 19th, I googled and it was an Indian number. The picture on Whatsapp was a young Indian boy sitting on a motorcycle.

I am 100% sure it was a scam so I blocked the number immediately.