General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

At my parents house today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 18 Feb 2024 16:55

Celebrating my dad’s 70th birthday. My dad is the first on the male side of his family to see 70 in over a century and he has been morbid for the last year saying like every other male he wouldn’t see it. His health is good at the moment so here’s hoping for a good day.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Feb 2024 17:13

Happy 70th to your Dad Tawney. Onwards and upwards and determination for him now then to see 80!!!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Feb 2024 17:15

Happy Birthday to your Dad…I hope a lovely day was had by all <3 <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Feb 2024 17:17

I hope he has a happy day for his birthday.

Every day is a bonus. Never mind what has gone before, we can still make the most of each day and enjoy it.

Tawny

Tawny Report 18 Feb 2024 18:28

Thank you all it was a good day. My niece’s are 7,5,4 and 18 months so the eldest three were hyper and desperate for grandad to open his presents. They had also all written their own cards and seemed to be competing to see who could get the most kisses on a card. The youngest went over to grandad pointed at the Alexa and said “yeah,yeah” so she knows that grandad is good for putting the Beatles on.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 18 Feb 2024 19:11

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Tawny....sounds as if a good day was had by one and all <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Feb 2024 19:14

Dear Tawny

Hello

Many happy returns to your Dad.

A very happy birthday.

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Tawny

Tawny Report 18 Feb 2024 19:49

Thank you Belle and Elizabeth

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Feb 2024 21:49

Belated birthday wishes to your dad, Tawny :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 22 Feb 2024 10:22

Thank you Maggie

Annx

Annx Report 26 Feb 2024 11:09

Hope your dad had a nice birthday Tawny. My FIL was the same when he reached age 70 as both of his brothers passed away within a year or two of that age and he assumed he would do the same and he was quite depressed about it. Well you tell your dad that my FIL then lived on till he was aged 95 before he died!! :-)

Tawny

Tawny Report 26 Feb 2024 21:23

Thank you Annx and I’ll let him know.