Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

quilting books

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 20 Aug 2013 17:43

Hi Crafters,does anyone have a copy of the book by Marci Baker called ABC TUMBLING BLOCKS---and More that they no longer need i would be happy tp pay a good price for it ,ive tried everywhere to find one even our library,but no luck,
Marci does an easy way to make blocks ,ive watched on you tube but she goes so fast i cant follow it.
she has another book called ---not your grandmothers tumbling blocks which is difficult to find.
appreciate it if anyone can help.

best wishes wendy(lincs)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 20 Aug 2013 20:58

Do you mean this book.....??
Admittedly its in USA but you may get them to post it to you??

http://www.amazon.com/ABC-3-D-Tumbling-Blocks-More/dp/0965143961

jude :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Aug 2013 12:26

Thanks Jude,have put it in my basket just have to work out the english equivalent.
marci make tumbling blocks so easy no y sems to contend with,should anyone want to know how i will let them know when i get it.
glad GR have put up this site,

I have enough books and patterns to open a shop so if anyone is after anything let me know.

best wishes wendy(lincs)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Aug 2013 15:23

Wendy....thats great, did they say they'd post to UK??

You'll have to list the books you don't want. Start a thread for books needing new homes:)

jude

Wendy

Wendy Report 23 Aug 2013 09:33

They do post to uk Jude,am ordering today,will probably be couple of weeks coming but at least i can get quilting then.
book thread sounds great ,they cost me a fortune to buy so cant just give them away,but willing to haggle in this climate of poverty.

wendy

Wendy

Wendy Report 23 Aug 2013 09:53

well went to order book and its disappeared from site,the one i saved was in dollars ,so was about to convert and its nowhere,the only one on there is for £88 im not paying that,will have to keep searching.

thanks for all your helpJUDE.
wendy

Von

Von Report 23 Aug 2013 10:27

Wendy
The link Jude posted still shows the book at reduced price with free shipping.
It works out at about £18 sterling.
Hope you can find it again
Von

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Aug 2013 12:23

Hello Wendy.....try the link again from here....$26.96

http://www.amazon.com/ABC-3-D-Tumbling-Blocks-More/dp/0965143961

Good luck...

jude

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Aug 2013 20:09

I really should have been born when computers were invented,im not very good at this modern stuff.
well i eventually got my brain into gear and have found the book and just ordered it from usa.so hopefully it will arrive.
thanks for all your help peeps,

i was determined to get this book,dont know any americans otherwise wouldnt have had the problem.

happy crafting
wendy :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 4 Sep 2013 14:37

Hi Crafters well at least something positive has happened today,my quilting book arrived the one for making tumbling blocks ,looking at it its amazing so easy.if any quilters are struggling with "y" seams for blocks pm me and ill send you the instructions.would have to post them to you coz im useless on this computer stuff in transfering its no good telling me how to do it coz brain wont absorbe info,my son tells me how to stuff and by the time ive got downstairs to my puter ive for gotten my short term memory has given up.ive never been able to store stuff ,not just in my old age. :-S
so wends going to get going on quilts now.
best wishes to all

wendy(lincs)