Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MIDWIFREY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 9 Sep 2014 15:27

there is a rumour that in 1920 when my nanna's mum was born she was a midwife. i cant find her listed as a midwife. i think she may have just been a local woman helping out. how do i double check all facts? i was trying to look for a list of midwives that have been registered since 1902 and i dont know where to look. any guidance or info on the subject would be great thanks x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Sep 2014 16:12

Welcome to the boards Claire -

Its a rather odd place to pose your query and might have been better off on find Ancestors or Genealogy Chat.

If you do decide to repost, please delete this one to avoid duplication On the new one give a few details eg your grandmother's name, when and where she was born as well as when/where she married and her married surname.

If she was a trained nurse come midwife, she might be listed on a nursing register somewhere. It would have been unusual for a married woman to have been employed in a proffession, but there are always exceptions.