Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Book Club 2016

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winifred

Winifred Report 30 Dec 2015 11:17

Has anyone heard if we'll be asked to review books again this year. Hope so as I've thoroughly enjoyed discovering new authors....to me. Happy and healthy 2016 everyone.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 30 Dec 2015 13:19

I hope so too but I'm not holding my breath. The last few months have been very hit and miss.

I've no idea how many members apply to receive books but there are often very few reviews so perhaps they are getting fed up with issuing free books and not getting much feedback.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2015 15:50

One way round that would be to only send books to people who have reviewed those already sent.

Persephone

Persephone Report 25 Jan 2016 22:55

That's a good idea GlossieAnn, I have reviewed what I have read except for the one about Toby, I wrote it and lost it and had passed the book on to a friend, and could not remember some of the characters named.

I did think it an admirable book though.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2016 16:51

I think they have given up now, ages since anything happened.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Jan 2016 08:44

Probably only a handful of members reviewed the books. Some people said they had others to read first. If Penguin thought they'd get free advertising or recommendations, it didn't work.

Winifred

Winifred Report 28 Jan 2016 10:09

I think it did work in that it introduced many of us to new authors so that's got to be a positive. I hope it starts up again as I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of a new author.