Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TRYING TO TRACE HALF SIBLING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2016 10:57

Hi first of all let me introduce myself my name is Sarah Wheeler, My birth name was Cannell. The reason for my post is I'm trying to find my half brother or any information about him, I know where my birth father is but different versions of this story are told to different people by him and he doesn't know any dates etc. I have a gut feeling my brother may still be alive, although my biological father tells everyone he died in a car accident as a baby. He may even being making up the whole thing, And the baby could of been a girl even though he says a boy, no one trusts anything he says ,my biological father's name may not even be on the birth certificate and this was apparently one of a few affairs.
So if you can help please get in contact if you had a relationship with

Louis rex cannell
He lived in Northamptonshire and still does, but stories went around saying this may of been in Bedfordshire, Louis was born 1959

So if anyone knows anything please get in contact as either way I'd like to know as I have to know about this sorry to his mother etc if this is true .
I'm fully aware this is a very long shot and nothing may come from it that's if it's true at all. But I want to know .

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Oct 2016 11:41

This page has obituaries for whom I think are the parents of Louis Rex. Do you have them?

https://www.iannounce.co.uk/United-Kingdom/23/Obituary/obit?_fstatus=search;keywords=%2BTONY%20%2BCANNELL

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Oct 2016 11:42

if the father isnt named on the birth cert then its not possible to find any birth record I,m afraid

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2016 11:42

Sarah,

I'm afraid that you are unlikely to find out anything from anyone on here, as if your father was not married to the mother of this child there is no way of anyone on here being able to find him without a name to search for. The likelihood of anyone "coming across" this post are virtually nil.

If your father can't or won't tell you the full details then I doubt that anyone else can.

Deleting your previous threads about this person and then starting another thread does not help anyone.

Kath. x

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2016 11:54

I only deleted the first one as someone was criticising the way in which it was written so I was going to re write it.

Also I have no idea whether he was on the birth certificate or not.

And I know who my biological father's parents were thanks though. I'm very aware the chance of finding this person or anything about them is very very slim and probably nil. But I know I need to try no matter what the outcome even if I never know . I know I've tried and I can't just sit back and not try , no matter what the percentage/chance of knowing is

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2016 12:00

Sorry Sarah - I know it seems harsh, but if your father won't tell you the truth, then I don't think you will ever know. The mother of this baby is unlikely to come forward - especially if the baby was born as a result of an affair. I can find no other marriage for your father except for the one to your mother.

We all have things in our family history that we would like to know but sometimes you just have to accept that it isn't possible.

Kath. x

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2016 12:08

No I know that it's probably impossible but I have to try just in case if nothing comes of it at least I've tried

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Oct 2016 12:10

And no it doesn't sound harsh, it is how it is but no matter what I will try.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Oct 2016 08:17

Well if you think the dad would be named try looking for a birth for cannell which would also be reg in the mums surname

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Sep 2019 11:36

Still no wiser re this, but I will find out one way or another mark my words lol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Sep 2019 11:47

Have you thought of taking a DNA test or persuading your biological father to give a specimen? Mind you, any unknown matching results may open up a can of worms!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Sep 2019 12:37

Your biological father seems to have had several siblings. Have you been in contact with them, or are they the source of the changing 'story'?

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 12 Sep 2019 22:45

Possible birth and marriage sent by message.