Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sisters Kim and Kay

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Askin

Askin Report 26 Jul 2018 16:14

Hi all I have posted a few years ago but as you can see I am tying again. Yes I know a long shot but I am looking for sisters who lived in Crawley Sussex in the 1970's their names are Kim and Kay, I have no surname their mum was called June please any info greatly appreciated.

Regards Ash

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2018 16:29

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1320346

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2018 16:30

In the years between 2013 and now, have you done any research?

I'm afraid your post now is no more informative then the previous one, so probably not.

You haven't even given any indication of their ages.

Askin

Askin Report 26 Jul 2018 16:41

No haven't done any research since then. All I remember is that Kim was older than me so around 16-18 in the mid 70's and Kay around similar age to me so around 7-9 at that time.

ash

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2018 16:41

A big gap in their ages, if you're right

Can't begin to look for them with no surname - sorry

And if you haven't tried....................

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2018 18:07

Do you have an address or at least a road name? You could search historical ER for a household where a June was registered.

Ask at the nearest Public Library who has a local studies section. They may have copies. If you can’t visit in person, they’d probably make a look-up charge.

Use this Ask a Librarian request form for advice
https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/libraries/contact-the-library-service/

If you don’t have any indication where they lived, you’ll be in the same position as 5 years ago. Electoral Rolls can only be searched by address, not by surname.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 26 Jul 2018 19:20

Would you like me to post this on the Facebook page "Crawleyites, where are they now".

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Jul 2018 21:00

What year were you born? Kay being 7-9 in the mid 70s is a little vague. If you could narrow her birth year down a bit, that could help.

Do you think they were born in the area? Was June married?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 28 Jul 2018 07:51

If Kim and Kay were from Crawley, then there were around 16 Kays from 1966 to 1968 in the area and also 50 Kims from 1954 to 1957.

Can you decide on the years, then look up the names and compare surnames.

Then look for potential parent marriages with female called June.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Jul 2018 16:35

Have compared births of girls called Kay / Kaye in Sussex 1960-70, with births of girls called Kim in Sussex 1954-60. (Sad - I do have more productive things to do with my time!)

No matches.

So either -
they weren't both born in Sussex (which was a long shot in any case);
or their mother had married or remarried in the gap between their births, so that they were registered with different surnames.

It's an impossible task without more to go on.

Askin

Askin Report 5 Sep 2019 15:59

Sorry not been on here for a while as not been well. Any help is always appertains sorry I can’t give more info. I wish I could. If anyone has better act than me and knows more as to what they are doing all the help I can get is very helpful. Thank you everyone. X

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Sep 2019 16:06

Did they go to the same school as you? or do you know which one they went to?

You could try facebook for the school see if there is a group for it, and whether anyone would remember them.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Sep 2019 16:12

I would say this is virtually impossible without a surname

You first asked about this in 2013. - you don’t appear to have done anything yourself since then to try to get some facts.