Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Carolyn George

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 10 Dec 2018 04:04

Hello, my name is Jennifer Newell (formerly Miller) and I am trying to help my mother Debbie Sue Miller (formerly George) find her half-sister Carolyn M George. Carolyn was born in 1946, in or around April. Unsure of where she was born but may have been Scotland around Ayr. Her mother’s name was Mary B George (unsure of maiden name) and her father’s name was Clarence Charles George. She came to the United States on March 9, 1947 but return to Scotland August 1949. I have 2 former addresses but unable to find any info with them. She did get married at least once that I am aware of but unsure of her married name. If anyone had any information or knows of where I might go to find her, I would appreciate it. My mother would love to be able to contact/meet her. Thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 05:21

You need Scotlands people for bmds

It's not a subs site but you can do free searches but then you need to purchase units to view the info

Certificates are bought through the site . Think they are now £12

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 05:27

Free search shows she is Carolyn McKie George born Ayr reg district

Married name Beckett

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 05:35

She is possibly still in Ayr Scotland but is only on the electoral rolls to 2003

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 05:55

Take a look on Scotlands People as there's more info that I won't post on here as it's private

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 06:06

I see from the travel records that Clarence was US army

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 06:37

Did her mum also come back and remarry in her 1955

Edit seem she did .details on Scotlands People

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2018 06:46

Mother died in 2006
Maybe worth getting the death certificate

MCANALLY
MARY BRACKENRID
MCKIE
680/ 485
Ayr
Order Certificate

So still consistently in Ayr

Seems she was living in a care home

South Lodge
29 Racecourse Road, Ayr KA7 2TF

So the informant may be from the home

They may or may not help with an address . Afraid privacy laws now are quite prohibitive

https://www.carehome.co.uk/carehome.cfm/searchazref/10006049SOUA

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Dec 2018 16:10

Just for the record, Jennifer, Mary's maiden surname was Crawford:

Her marriage to Clarence:

GEORGE
CLARENCE CHARLE[S]
CRAWFORD
MARY BRACKENBRI. . . .
578/1 80
Ayr

Her birth:

CRAWFORD
MARY BRACKENRID[ GE ?}
F
584/B 21
Crosshill

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 28 Dec 2018 02:04

Thank you for the details and guidance! I was able to order the certificates in the hopes of gaining more details that will help in my search. I did contact the care home as well just to see but unfortunately they do not keep records after so many years and with her mother’s death being 12 years ago they had no details to share. They did suggest contacting a polling station to give the most up to date address I have and see if they can locate a more recent one. That is my next step as I continue to search for more details.