Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Carrigan born in the 1930's in Glasgow,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 6 Mar 2019 11:24

I am trying to get information about a gentleman by the name of Alexander Carrigan who was born in Glasgow in the 1930's A relative living in Canada has asked me to try to trace him as he has lost contact. As far as I am aware Alexander is still alive but is no longer being shown on the voter's roll. The last information that he had was that Alexander may have been living in Errol,Perthshire.,Scotland.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Mar 2019 12:35

Have you tried the phone book?

What else does the person in Canada know about him?

When was the last contact?

Three births for the name in the 1930's on SP - all in Glasgow districts

What was the mother's maiden name?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2019 13:10

who is his wife

is she a mary??

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Mar 2019 13:20

There's an entry on https://www.192.com/all/search/ to 2014 along with (his wife?) It seems it was listed for sale in 2013.

It's probably worth writing to see if the current occupier can give you more up to date contact details/forward the letter.

You could also contact the listing Estate Agent & Solicitor, Miller Hendry. Their main website is www.millerhendry.co.uk

Perth branch
42-44 St John Street
Tel: 01738 630222
Fax : 01738 451283

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 6 Mar 2019 14:40

His mother's maiden name was Paterson and I know the year that he was actually born in the 1930's but I don't think it would be wise to give the exact year of his birth on Genes Reunited.

I think that his wife may have been called Mary.

I would be surprised if the Estate Agent would give me information due to Data protection.

He is not listed in the phone book.

As far as my relative's last contact with his cousin it was very may years ago but I do not have an exact time.

That is all of the information that I have been given.

I am basically doing someone a favour..

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Mar 2019 15:15

You/your relative could ask the Estate Agent if they could pass on the (enclosed) letter, if they have more up to date contact details. That wouldn't be breaking confidentiality.

As you are probably aware, it's easy to opt out of the ER. Similarly to go Ex-directory or not have a BT landline.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2019 15:20

Well it looks like they were on the electoral rolls to 2007 in Perthshire

And in Glasgow from then

He may be on his own in Glasgow to 2018

When was your friend last in touch with him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Mar 2019 15:43

The year of birth isn't a problem on here - ID theft requires the actual date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Mar 2019 15:56

I assume you've checked on here in 'search all member trees'

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 6 Mar 2019 17:50

Alexander was born in 1933 in Glasgow

He had a younger half brother and sister namely James Kane born about 1943 and Marion Paterson Kane born about 1945.

I think that Marion married a man by the name of Brian Christie Morton in Glasgow in 1967.

I had already checked members trees

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Mar 2019 06:36

Have you looked for the siblings on the electoral rolls

They may be able to give you info on him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Mar 2019 09:39

MMN is Paterson according to the OP, although there isn't a Carrigan/Paterson marriage in the time-scale on SP

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 7 Mar 2019 11:38

Alexander's mother's maiden name was Paterson so it is unlikely that the name Colqhoun would be relevant.

There was no marriage between Carrigan and Paterson

I now know Alexander was born illegitimate so his father would have been a man by the name of Carrigan .

His mother married a man by the name of James Kane in Glasgow in 1942 .

His half-brother James Kane I now believe emigrated to Australia possibly to live in Melbourne.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Mar 2019 13:46

KANE
JAMES
PATERSON
ANNIE MCLELLAND
644/9 108
Kelvingrove

KANE
ANNIE MCLELLAND
FULTON
619/ 790
Glasgow, Park Circus

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 7 Mar 2019 14:18

Thank you I already have this information.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Mar 2019 16:58

Deleted notice.

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 9 Mar 2019 07:07

As well as Alex Carrigan having a half-brother named James Kane I now know that he also had a half-sister named Marion Paterson Kane. I did some research and found that Marion had married a man by the name of Brian Christie Morton in Glasgow in 1967. From the information that I have now been given Marion also emigrated to Australia possibly to Melbourne