Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kevin Darlington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

P

P Report 26 Apr 2019 20:23

Hi,

I'm trying to find a Kevin Darlington, born April 1974, he was born in Crewe and was put up for adoption. Mothers maiden name is Callan - I've found the birth record but now I'm trying to fnd out where he is!

I'm having no luck! I know he was adopted in the Stockport area and just to add to the mystery, I think his last name had changed.

:(

thanks.

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Apr 2019 21:14

His name will almost certainly have been changed on adoption, so the only way of finding him is to go through the adoption contact register and/or an intermediary

see info at

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Apr 2019 22:30

Do you know if he was adopted by the mother's new partner?

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Apr 2019 11:29

P

Are you related?

P

P Report 27 Apr 2019 12:28

Thank you!

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2019 13:51

P are you searching for this for yourself or someone else?

I note that neither you nor the searcher ( if it's someone else) has put the names of Kevin, his siblings or mother on a tree here...so if he did join the site he is unlikely to see this post anyway, ( as the advanced search does not work). He would search trees first and foremost, for his own and mother's name at least.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2019 14:01

For ref helpers. I've sent a PM to P in case he does not return here, suggesting adding names to a tree, and adding a postem to birth reg on freebmd

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Apr 2019 15:37

Advanced search does work now, Rambling.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2019 16:07

Does it ArgyllGran? wow ! I haven't tried it since coming back ...goes to try >>>>

Nope "Sorry. An error has occurred"

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Apr 2019 16:53

Keep trying - it's been working for me for a while now, including just a few minutes ago.
And - the results are in chronological order !!!!

My excitement knows no bounds!

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2019 17:06

ArgyllGran it is working for one word, eg Darlington but not for phrase, but yes it's in chronological order, amazing!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Apr 2019 18:43

Are you putting the word AND between the words of your phrase?

eg - fish AND chips

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Apr 2019 19:20

What happened to P’s thread about Arthur Cook? Why was it removed?

Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Apr 2019 23:08

My goodness that worked ArgyllGran, thanks for that :-)

Rose I think it's gone, I couldn't find the twins on freebmd or FMP myself but saw that they were Cooke.