Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TRYING TO FIND GEORGE KIMBLE BORN IN SCOTLAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Jun 2019 11:54

Hello,

I am trying to help my Boss find an old Navy Pal as he is organizing a reunion in November this year.

All I have is George's name but he would be around 58 or so now so hence the range of years I've given for his birth 1958-1964. I know it's a long shot. If no one can help is there a site that I can look at that has births, marriages etc for Scotland please? My Boss thinks George may have come from Glasgow.

As ever, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kathryn

malyon

malyon Report 5 Jun 2019 12:11

not finding george on electrol list

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/county/scotland/gro_bmd/

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2019 12:56

You need Scotlands People website to look for his birth

It's not a subs site

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Jun 2019 12:58

Thank you for your assistance. I can't find him on either of those sites that you provided. I knew it would be a long shot but will somehow keep trying.

Regards,

Kathryn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2019 13:00

He isn't coming up on that site

No births reg from 1954 -1970

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 5 Jun 2019 14:16

Thanks Shirley. Will keep on trucking but not sure for how long.

Regards,

Kathryn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jun 2019 16:24

Advise your boss to look for sites relating to the ships on which they served

When did they serve together? What is the basis for the suggested age for the man?

malyon

malyon Report 5 Jun 2019 16:26

could the name be kimber

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Jun 2019 21:50

The only Kimb* birth in Scotland, with George as a forename, 1855-2018, is Albert George Kimber (maybe the person Malyon has spotted) born 1928 in Dunfermline.

Too old to be your man.
He died in 2010.

The only vaguely possible birth in England/Wales might be a Kimber born 1952 in Leicester.
However, there are a few births in England/Wales 1950-70 of boys with middle initial G. Surnames Kimble, Kemble, Kimbell, Kemball, etc.

Choccy

Choccy Report 5 Jun 2019 22:33

Could the name be Campbell?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Jun 2019 18:19

We would definitely need more information if that's the case!

There were 75 Campbells with either forename or middle name George, born in various areas of Glasgow 1950-70.

At least 22 George Campbells living in Glasgow on the 2019 ER - and there will be others who have opted out of the public ER - but of course the George you're looking for, Kathryn, could be living anywhere by now.