Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Darren Murfet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 11 Nov 2019 12:52

Hi, I'm looking on behalf of a friend of mine who is Darren's younger brother. Darren was born in August 1969 (I think) and lived in Lambourn area near to Hungerford with five siblings (I think) and attended the John O'Gaunt school. At age 15 (1984) he started a Kindling business in Oxford and wanted to leave school early to pursue his business. I know that he had a father called David. If anyone can help in pointing me in the right direction to finding Darren, it would be very much appreciated.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 13:09

Possible born 3rd qtr 1968 ? middle name Robert mother's maiden name Paine? NOTE there is one r in Daren

You can find the marriage of parents on freebmd.org.uk Marriages Mar 1965

info and possible address sent by PM

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Nov 2019 14:00

There are no other Murfet/Paine births registered, so can't be a full brother

Caution needed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2019 16:28

How is the younger brother not in touch

They don’t seem to have the same parents !

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 17:48

For ref there seems to be a discrepancy.

see newspaper ( using name of poss father) 17 April 1984 - Reading Evening Post - Reading, Berkshire, England which does not give the expected mother's name ( as per marriage I thought it was)? I don't have access to the full article, so perhaps someone else will take a look.

edit marriage for the parents named was before the news article,1982