Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Alan Robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatW

PatW Report 22 Nov 2019 20:04

Michael Alan Robinson was born in 1939 in Sunbury on Thames and married his 3rd wife Christine Margaret Anderson nee Shaw in 1994 in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. According to the latest electoral roll I can find them still living in Huntingdon 2009 but nothing after. I’ve looked to see if anyone has them in their tree but nothing. They seem to have vanished.
I wonder if someone could look on Ancestry to see if they appear in any tree listed there.
I’ve not posted anything before on this part of the site so,I’m not sure I’m doing it correctly.
Many thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Nov 2019 20:34

Maybe they opted out of the public roll

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Nov 2019 21:07

Posting just in case relevant - I don't know if this could be him or not:

Mr Michael Alan Robinson
in the England and Wales, Death Index, 1989-2018
Name: Mr Michael Alan Robinson
Birth Date: 1940
Last Residence: Ely, Cambridgeshire, England
Postal Code District: CB6
Death Date: 23 Jun 2016

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Nov 2019 21:09

Sadly a possible from the GRO death index

ROBINSON, MICHAEL ALAN bn1939
GRO Reference: DOR Q3/2016 in Cambridgeshire (339-1B) Entry Number 514040045

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Nov 2019 21:12

The house in Huntingdon was last sold in 1997 - so they may still be there (unless they were only renting it).
Have you tried writing to the 2009 address?

PatW

PatW Report 22 Nov 2019 21:33

Thank you for your replies. They have only lived in rented property and must have opted out of public roll.
Quite possible that the death is for Michael I’ll see if I can find out more.

malyon

malyon Report 22 Nov 2019 21:50

Births Sep 1940 (>99%)
Robinson Michael A J Smith Stourbridge 6c 122

PatW

PatW Report 22 Nov 2019 22:24

It has been confirmed that this is Michael. I’ve been trying to look for an obituary in the local paper but at the moment can’t find one.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2019 22:33

There simply may not be one

PatW

PatW Report 22 Nov 2019 22:37

I think you are right ErikaH

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Nov 2019 09:36

A copy of the death cert would tell you his address in 2016, if you hope to try to find Christine.

Also, there are three M Robinsons listed in Ely in the BT phonebook - two of them with postcode CB6, as stated in the death record.
One might perhaps be the right household, if Christine hasn't updated the entry.

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/person/

Older info, but maybe worth following up is here:

http://www.britishphonebook.com/search.php?last=ROBINSON&city=ELY

There's an M A Robinson, and a Michael Robinson listed there, both with postcode CB6 - though the small print at the bottom does say "Data ranges from 1 - 10 years old."
Neither of those Robinsons are in the current BT phonebook - at least not at the same addresses.

PatW

PatW Report 23 Nov 2019 11:27

Thank you for that. I will look into it.