Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please someone help me find my brother and sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katrina

Katrina Report 5 Mar 2020 23:33

I'm looking for my brother named at birth Connor bryan edward Matthews he was born on th 18th September 1999 at St Peters hospital Chertsey. He was adopted with his sister known at birth as Louise sylvia matthews who i also miss so much... The adoption was in 2004 and as far as I know they remained in Surrey until 2007. I would do anything to meet them again as i haven't seen them since they was about 2 and 3 years old :( everyday i think about them and hope they would try and find me but i don't think they even know about me... please if anyone could help me find my brother and sister i would be so grateful. And it would make my life complete...

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Mar 2020 08:13

Welcome to the boards, Katrina.

If you haven't already done so, you should register with the Adoption Contact Register.

Instructions here:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Then if either your brother or sister has also registered, or does so in the future, in the hope of making contact with birth relatives, you may be put in touch with each other.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Mar 2020 11:13

Just to note they were both registered in mother's maiden name also. So if you search trees on here from time to time ( in case either joins) , try both surnames.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 7 Mar 2020 20:09

Social Services may be able to help, but may suggest you employ a Registered Adoption Intermediary. If you do this, check their charges before committing yourself.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Mar 2020 12:44

Put them in your GR tree - if anyone comes looking, they'll pick up on them and will have the opportunity to contact you. But, bear in mind that they may not have any wish to trace birth family - not all adoptees do.

Wouldn't normally suggest doing this for living people, but, as their names have been changed, it isn't prohibited