Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joan Webster

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 9 Apr 2020 14:21

I am looking for Joan Webster who is probably in her late 60's. Her parents were George and Lillian and her grandparents were Elizabeth Rae and Charles, they all came from Scotland. Joan may have married so her name would be different. George and Lillian adopted Joan when she was little and I last saw her in the late 60's.
I realise this is a long shot but you never know.
Thanks for reading

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2020 14:29

Have you done anything about looking for info yourself? For instance, a marriage? Or the deaths of her parents?
Where was she living when you last saw her?

Nicola

Nicola Report 9 Apr 2020 14:34

I have looked for her and have the deaths of her parents and grandparents. I think she may have lived in the St Andrews area in the 60's.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2020 14:49

Who registered the deaths of her parents?

Where did the last one die? And when?

Where have you looked for possible marriage for her?

Nicola

Nicola Report 9 Apr 2020 14:55

I don't know who registered the deaths. Her mother died in Largs in 2007 aged 100. found that on Scotlands people as a free search.

I don't know how to find out about registration of deaths. Some of what I know ive found from grave stones of other relatives.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2020 16:47

To find out who registered the death, you need a copy of the death cert. When the current emergency ends, you will be able to order one through SP website

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Apr 2020 16:49

You would have to buy the death certificate to see who registered the death. There should be an address for the informant and you could then try to contact them by post to see if they could help you in your search.

Kath. x

Nicola

Nicola Report 9 Apr 2020 18:27

Thanks for your help ErikaH and KathleenBell

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2020 09:40

PM sent with possible marriage

Nicola

Nicola Report 11 Apr 2020 15:35

I have found her and spoken to her. Many thanks to those that helped

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 16:55