Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Theodore Mills

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 13 Apr 2020 09:21

Hi, I am looking for my birth father, all I know of him is he is about 79 he may be deceased by now, I was born in Liverpool and given up for adoption in 1975, I know he has family in London, I would love to know more about him, he also had children before I was born so would love to know if I have siblings too, any help would be appreciated :-(

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Apr 2020 09:33

Hi, Amanda -

Have you registered with the National Adoption Register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

If your father or any other birth relative is also looking for birth family and has signed up to it too, you might be put in touch with each other.

Do you have your adoption records?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Apr 2020 09:42

There were two Theodore Mills born around the time you suggest (assuming your father was born in England or Wales).

One registered in Stroud area , and one in Sittingbourne area .

The one in Stroud also died in Stroud, in 2016. I don't see a marriage for him.

The one born in Sittingbourne area seems to have married in the 1960's, and is apparently still living , per Electoral Roll.

But of course I have no idea if either of them could be your father.

malyon

malyon Report 13 Apr 2020 14:12

did he have a middle name

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2020 14:15

This man may have family who don't know about Amanda

Please be discreet

Amanda

Amanda Report 13 Apr 2020 15:25

I don’t know if he had a middle name, I only know he worked in Liverpool and was already a married man when I was conceived, and he would be around 79 now if still alive

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Apr 2020 17:30

Unfortunately, the fact that he worked in Liverpool isn't necessarily a clue as to where he was born, or where he might be now - he could have moved there from anywhere, and moved away again.

There isn't really enough information for us to find anything concrete.