Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Uncle Since 2001

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2020 13:15

Hey guys,

I am trying to find my Uncle Michael who went missing in 2001 (I was 6 at the time). He was staying with us (my mum, dad, sister and myself) in Buckinghamshire after his second marriage broke down. My dad (his brother) and Michael had an argument and we haven't seen him since. My dad would love to find him now though!!

We have had tried to find him over the past few years but nothing has ever come if it however recently I have been REALLY determined to find him.

I have had a few small breakthroughs recently, I had found his birth certificate and two marriage certificates and I really do believe he is alive as I cannot see any trace of his death certificate anywhere.

Here are some details:

Full name: Michael Jonathan Delapaix Tighe
Place of birth: Crewe, Cheshire
Went missing: January 2001
Occupation at the time: Chef

He seems to be known as Michael J D Tighe on records, just so you know!

Lemme know if you need anymore details! I'm determined to find him :-)

Thanks guys,

Vicki x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2020 13:28

You must remove his D.O.B.

Open invitation to identity theft

If someone wishes to 'disappear', it isn't difficult

Michael J D is how his name would appear on all BMD record transcriptions in the relevant time-scale - standard format

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 May 2020 13:34

Welcome to the boards, Victoria.

First, you should remove Michael's full DOB from your post.
Assuming he's alive and still using the same name, it could leave him open to identity theft.

I can't see any sign of him, so far.
If he is alive in the UK, and hasn't married again in the UK (unless in just the last few years in England or Wales), and doesn't have a Facebook account, there won't be any online record to find.

He may have gone abroad, in which case we won't be able to trace him, or he may have changed his name, if he really doesn't want to be found.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2020 13:49

Can we assume his sister hasn't heard from him?

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2020 13:51

Thanks for that, I've deleted his date of birth.

Thanks also for the information. Do you guys have any suggestions in how to find him at all? Or am I at a dead end because there won't be any online traces due to him not being married for a third time or not having a facebook account?

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2020 13:52

No, his sister hasn't heard from him. We meet my auntie (his sister) quite often and she hasn't heard anything from him :(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2020 14:25

He could be anywhere in the world
He could be using another name

As I said earlier, 'disappearing' is easy.

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2020 21:01

Oh well - thanks anyway guys x

P

P Report 25 May 2020 12:16

Just out of interest, when he "disappeared", did noone call the police at the time to report him as a missing person?

malyon

malyon Report 25 May 2020 18:44

victoria sent a pm