Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Smith descendants

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 28 Jun 2020 09:41

I am looking for any descendants of my Grandfather Thomas George Smith’s brother John James Smith (known as James) b.1872 in Denny Bottom, Kent, to contact me please
I did have contact with one of James’ granddaughters in 2006/7 but she had health difficulties at that time and we sadly
lost contact. I am keen to have any information because there is a huge brick wall regarding Thomas and James’ father John Smith b.1839
Both families lived in the same house together in 1901 census and then in close proximity in Plaistow, West Ham for many years.
I must emphasise that I am not looking for anyone to search records for me etc as I have all the relevant certs from years of my own research. Many, many thanks, Eileen

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Jun 2020 09:52

It’s very unlikely anyone connected will see this

Try looking in members trees to see if anyone has any family member listed

You can then try to make contact by sending a message through the find out more box

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jun 2020 10:01

If you’ve done all the research, you must know the names, so ‘search all member trees’ is the answer, as Shirley says.

Hardly anybody uses these boards.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Jun 2020 12:30

As you know the names, presumably you've searched the Electoral Rolls?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jun 2020 12:33

Even if you find any descendants, there's no guarantee that they are remotely interested in FH

Eileen

Eileen Report 28 Jun 2020 15:45

thank you all very much. I did do an initial search for one or two names but nothing came up and I thought here may be the easiest way , albeit a very long shot. Back to the drawing board and thinking cap again! Eileen