Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 9 Jul 2020 19:54

I am trying to find a long lost friend and wondered if anyone on here could give me some pointers as to where to begin my search.
The person I'm looking for is a David (Wm?) Graham, wholived in the London Borough of Bromley in the 1970's. His wifes name was Linda and he had two children who were very close in age, the eldest was a boy whom I cannot remember his name and the youngest a girl named Louise. Back in the 60's/70's he worked for British Telecom in the City area. If anyone could help in any way with my search I would be truly grateful.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jul 2020 21:15

We would look at Electoral Registers - under "Search" at top right of this page.
Also available on 192.com, or on Ancestry or other genealogy website.

We would hope that he might be listed somewhere with other recognisable family names.
Unfortunately, it's not an uncommon name.

Do you mean that William might be his middle name?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2020 21:43

Look on freebmd there’s a possible marriage in 1965 Bromley reg district

David M K Graham

But no Louise born to the marriage

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jul 2020 21:45

That man and his wife had a son and a daughter in Bromley in the early 70s, but the daughter's name isn't Louise.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Jul 2020 23:30

David M K's children were born 3 years apart and the eldest one was a girl.

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 16 Jul 2020 08:35

What year, approximately, was his daughter born?

patchem

patchem Report 16 Jul 2020 08:44

There is a David W Graham marriage in Thurrock in 1968, but I cannot see any children to the marriage.

Linda

Linda Report 3 Aug 2020 20:59

Thank you for your replies. Sorry for the delay in getting back but have been having problems with my computer.
David's middle name was William. An estimated DOB for the children was around 1972. The eldest boy was adopted by them and it was discovered on the day they actually went to collect the him that his wife was actually pregnant hence the two children are very close in age.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Aug 2020 00:55

Knowing there was only one child born to this couple makes a BIG difference. We've been looking for two.

Could you be a 10 years off with your dates? There's a couple who marries in 1968. No obvious children until a daughter Sarah Louise born in 1982.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Aug 2020 01:06

They were in Beckenham in 2002, then Ashford until 2011. Look to be in Wales until 2017. Will send you a PM with the adopted son's name.

Rose

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 10 Sep 2020 17:52

House in welshpool was last sold in October 2017. So could be anywhere now