Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Forces marraige

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 21 Aug 2020 16:54

I’m trying to get marriage details between Jason Sherer and Ilona Jasinska in 2001 in germany(armed forces) I have marriage but it’s not set out like our records. In that it doesn’t give a quarter when they wed, could anyone help me with this please.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2020 17:40

Find my past has forces bmds

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2020 17:41

You order from the gro but specify it’s an overseas marriage then the format changes so you can put in the refs found

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2020 17:45

Jason Richard
Last name Sherer
Sex Male
Marriage year 2001
MarriageFinder ™
Jason Richard Sherer married one of these people
Ilona Jasinska
Marriage place United Kingdom Support Command Germany
Place type Place
Country Germany
Type Armed Forces
General Registrar Office year 2001
Source Gro Marriages Abroad Indices (1995 To 2005)
Record type F (British armed forces - Army, Royal Air Force and Royal Navy)
Records year range 2001
Archive reference M1995ONWARDS
Page 17
Line number 61
Archive
General Register Office
Record set British Armed Forces And Overseas Banns And Marriages
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Civil Marriage & Divorce
Collections from Great Britain, UK None

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Aug 2020 18:00

If you know them (as I assume you do, as it's such a relatively recent marriage) can't you ask them ?

They're on the ER for Salisbury in 2018.
The property hasn't been sold since 2011 - they might still be there

There's an Ilona Sherer on Facebook, though I don't know where she 's based. She seems to be Polish.

Jean

Jean Report 21 Aug 2020 18:10

Hi Shirley, Would I have to apply to the gro where they got married in Germany or any register office over here . I found Similar to what u did just not sure which country to apply for wedding cert.and thier pages don’t give a month that they wed.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Aug 2020 18:17

Neither...

You apply to the GRO online, but, as you don’t know the exact date, I doubt they’ll supply the cert.

They have rules which respect the privacy of living people.........

Why do you want the info?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Aug 2020 18:47

Apply to the gro

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Aug 2020 19:25

You have the groom in your GR tree

Has he given you his permission to add him to your tree?

Jean

Jean Report 21 Aug 2020 21:14

My cousin Susan Pearson was married to him many years ago so when I started tracing my Pearson family Se gave me the information to add. The information isn’t for me it’s for my cousin his first wife. Someone has contacted her Asking about her ex hubby as they’re doing thier family history so I was asking for her.i don’t know much about my cousins side of family As they were lost to me due to my mum and dads divorce but as it was due to the kindness and tremendous help of genes members I found my long lost family so when she got in touch I said I’d find out for her so she could pass it on. I hope this hasn’t broken any rules because if it has I’ll gladly take the post down. I know I found out about some of my family by sending for certificates and but for doing that I’d never have found my late father and family Members.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Aug 2020 21:28

You have the wrong place and year of birth for Jason in your GR tree.
Correct details easily found on FreeBMD.

However, if I'm understanding your post correctly, it's Susan who has given you what info you have, and Jason himself has not agreed to allow you to put him on your tree.

It's not this enquiry that's the problem - it's the fact that he's on your tree.
Although, as you have entered the wrong birth details, I don't suppose anyone would know it was him!

Jean

Jean Report 21 Aug 2020 22:54

Ih dear i dont want to get in bother so I’ve removed him from my tree

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2020 09:51

Thanks, Jean.