Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth registration

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 23 Dec 2021 09:45

Looking for Andrew Holford-White, born approximately May 1966 in Leicester, adopted at approx. 18 months old. He would have been registered with his mothers maiden name. Not sure if it was a private family adoption as his name was not changed his mother was Maureen Holford

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Dec 2021 10:37

Lynnedee -

it would have been better to add this to your other thread about Maureen and family, to keep everything together and avoid possible duplication of research.

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1399204

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Dec 2021 10:45

???

Births Mar 1966
HALFORD ANDREW HALFORD LEICESTER 3A 1194

30879 has been handwritten beside the page number.

OR -
???
Births Sep 1966
HALFORD ANDREW JOHN HALFORD LEICESTER C 3A 737

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 23 Dec 2021 12:00

I did think about adding it to my previous thread but wasn’t sure as this was about a living person whereas the other had died but thank you ver much for your help, very grateful . I wonder if the handwritten number is to correct the spelling of the surname as it should be an O as in Holford not an A as in Halford.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Dec 2021 13:14

There doesn't seem to be any birth entry as Holford, which there would be if a correction had been made.

I looked for 1966 registrations in Leicester with reference 3a 879, in case what looked like 30879 was actually 3a 879 - but there weren't any entries which could possibly have been Andrew.

There were two other Halford/Halford births registered in Leicester 1965-69 - not named Andrew.
One in 1967 was re-registered in 1969 with surname Darbyshir - and seems to have had an older brother in 1965, registered as Darbyshir.
The other was in 1969, but also registered as Johnson.

There were three Holford/Holford births in the same period - two girls, and a boy also registered as Lungenmuss - but no Andrew.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2021 13:47

Have you identified Maureen first to check the spelling of the surname

Edit identified as checked the other thread

Births 1943
Holford Maureen

But as already posted there’s no Andrew Holford birth reg

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Dec 2021 15:21

As you've posted on "Find living relatives" and say you are "looking for" him, I assume you hope to find out where he is now.

You call him Holford-White - have you seen that name on any document or record?

How do you know his name wasn't changed?

If he's still living, and his name wasn't changed, I'm not sure we should be posting these possible births on a public site - though anyone could find them on FreeBMD.

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 23 Dec 2021 17:38

Thank you for your help, his sister was doing her family tree and his name showed up apparently, she asked if I could help find his birth registration to confirm he was her younger brother but I couldn’t find him and this is why I asked for help as someone may have access to records other than the BMD that I had checked. As I said I do appreciate your help and I also understand what you are saying. Her mother died when she was 12 and has no relatives to ask for information.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2021 20:17

How could he be a younger brother when Maureen was born 1943 ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Dec 2021 20:51

Maureen is the alleged mother of the child Andrew

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2021 22:28

But the poster said his sister is doing her family tree and thought Andrew couid be a younger brother

Suggesting Maureen was his mother , but Maureen was born 1943 so can’t see that Andrew would be a younger brother

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Dec 2021 08:38

Maureen's daughters were born in the 1970s.
I imagine "younger" is just a mistake by Lynnedee, instead of "older".

It might be helpful to know in what way "his name showed up" when the sister was doing her family tree.

EDIT:
But why would White be part of his name unless he was indeed a younger brother of Maureen, rather than a son???

There was a White/White boy born in Leicester in 1966 - but not named Andrew, and there was a White/White marriage in Leicester in 1964..

If Andrew were Marjorie's son and Maureen's brother, Marjorie would have been 50 when he was born. But not impossible

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Dec 2021 15:50

Marjorie’s mum remarried in 1947 so any child she had wouid be in the new surname

She does seem to have had a son too from the second marriage but was late 1940,s

malyon

malyon Report 26 Dec 2021 19:29

Births Jun 1943 (>99%)
Holford Maureen White Leicester 7a 436

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Dec 2021 05:32

Maureen died In1976 and it’s family who are looking for the birth of a possible son

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Dec 2021 11:34

Lynnedee -

the only way you'll know for sure if either of the 1966 Halford births is the child you're looking for is to buy the birth certs.

There was another Halford/Halford birth registered in Leicester, in 1964, and that too has the page number crossed out and a handwritten alteration added - 13869/S

I have no idea if the Andrew with the altered page number is a sibling of the 1964 child or not.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Dec 2021 12:28

Lynadee

Perhaps your friend can explain how the name came up and in what circumstances

If it’s not too much personal info

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 12 Jan 2022 13:49

Thanks everyone for your help, family circumstances have put everything on hold for a while. will ask her for more details when its a better time. Thanks again.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jan 2022 15:52

When you come back with more details, please just add to this thread .
Don't start another one.

To find threads which you've started, click on "My Threads" in the "Tools" menu on the left.
Then, at the top of the resulting list of threads (which are all those you have posted on), click on "My threads - started".

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 12 Jan 2022 19:08

Thank you