Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Pacific Fleet (WW2)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 May 2015 00:52

If anyone is interested I have a colourful certificate left by my Dad headed
the First Ship of the British Pacific Fleet to enter the South China Sea after the fall of Singapore 20.05.1845.

which seems to show the HMS Usk issued it on 01.04.1845.20.05.1945.

The cert is not in good condition and has been sellotaped in a few places but the other ships mentioned around the right-hand side are the Berry, Leith, Sherwood and Warspite (which I know Dad served on).

Down the LH side and one spot on the right are mentioned Chatham, Sheerness, Falmouth, GibrLtar, Alexandria, Port Said, Port Tewick, Aden, Colombo, Fremantle, Sydney, Manus, Leyte, Subic Bay, Port Darwin, Eniwetok, Hong Kong, Brunei Bay.

Best of all, on the reverse side Dad hS collected the following signatures: (some hard to read but here goes)
W E Park ? PO
Jack Yasty
Bill Cottingham QM 1/e. USAR
Frank J Rak ?? 2/c. USM
Edward Alfred Newman PO QR2 BEM
Kenneth Boulton Abdul El Kebir El Emir El Bahr
A M Mealing OM
Lawrence S Woods PO Tel