Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Motor Torpedo Boat (MTB) HM640

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 10 Oct 2017 17:39

Does anyone have any information, photo or know if a relative served on this boat which operated in the Mediterranean Sea until it was blown up on 27 th June 1944

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Oct 2017 00:20

Welcome to the boards Graham.

If you Google Motor Torpedo Boat HM640 there are lots of photos of it.

Kath. x

Graham

Graham Report 17 Oct 2017 18:44

Thanks Kathleen for your reply but this does not bring up the specific photo of MTB 640 which is what I am after.
Please redirect me if I am wrong.
Kind regards
Graham

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 19 Oct 2017 22:38

Try this site. You may find what you are looking for on one of the group photos. I have been looking at the picture of all ships sunk in WW2, but it needs to be a lot bigger!!

http://tinyurl.com/yd5dbv7v

Graham

Graham Report 25 Oct 2017 14:21

Thanks Andysmum but sadly it is not there.
Thanks for your help
Kind regards
Graham

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Oct 2017 16:42

If at first you don't succeed********* the link below is for the Imperial War Museum. I don't think it's a photo, (top item on page), but it might tell you something about the ship.

I think you have to buy it, (probably a CD), but OH has bought things from them and they are good value.

If this doesn't work, I have run out of ideas - sorry.

http://tinyurl.com/y9kn9378