Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vincent Riley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 12 Nov 2017 18:55

Hi this is a real "shot in the Dark". No good information really, but just thought by chance someone may know of this person. His name is Vincent Riley. He was a Corporal in the Military police - service number 3387553. working as a dispatch rider. In 1945 he was in B2 ward at 15th Scottish General Hospital in Cairo, following an accident. in 1945 he would have been approx 25 (could be 22-27ish). If anyone recognises any of this information, please get in touch it would be great. I know that military records for WW2 are not online.I am pretty sure you cannot find hospital records either. Thanks for any help

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Nov 2017 12:02

The name isnt un-common and is listed in many peoples trees on this site all with various birth years.

Perhaps one may have a connection?

Use the search top right and enter the name,its possible to send the tree owner a message.

.If they still access the valid email used to register,

They wont need to be a paid member to reply to an already paid member.

Rose

Rose Report 13 Nov 2017 14:35

Kay thanks. Good idea. I have just found he was from the Liverpool area so I can narrow it down a bit. Thank you